Network Engineer II The Woodlands, TX Description: The Network Engineer II is responsible for activities pertaining to planning and implementation of all aspects of the network infrastructure. This position does not have supervisory responsibility. Key Responsibilities:
The Woodlands, TX
The Network Engineer II is responsible for activities pertaining to planning and implementation of all aspects of the network infrastructure. This position does not have supervisory responsibility.
- Responsible for resolving network problems through research, network installation and customization, network administration and network management support.
- Applies broad technical knowledge for systems maintenance and solutions across one or more technical areas.
- Integrates technical expertise and business understanding to create superior solutions for the company and customers.
- Responsible for implementing and maintaining all aspects of the network infrastructure (i.e. Cabling-Racking/LAN/WAN/VPN/Network Security and Wireless)
- Operate, monitor and maintain secure network technologies, including firewalls, access control solutions and Client.
- Proactively monitor system alerts across all Infrastructures using our networking monitoring tools, Solarwinds, Cisco Prime.
- Make sure all monitoring tools are up to date.
- Configure, optimize and fine-tune monitoring systems. (Reporting, Alerts, etc.)
- Provide intermediate level support for all Telco related issues.
- Participate in vendor evaluation / lab testing of new technologies and decision support
- Participate in projects as they are assigned
- Maintain high quality documentation for core and edge networks, products and services.
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team environment
- Create and monitor reports to stay in compliance
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Uses strong communication skills and work ethic.
- Maintains job relevance, advanced level of knowledge, skills and abilities needed for effective job performance through continuous learning efforts (i.e., attends outside training seminars, workshops or classes).
- May receive training in other technical or functional areas of the department.
- Responsible for other duties as assigned.
- Participate in all on call duties.
- Cisco IOS (Comfortable configuring cisco routers, switches) – Telco Troubleshooting (Cable, DSL, T1, MetroE, MPLS, Private WAN)
- Solarwinds (NPM, NCM, NTA) nice to have
- Wireless – Meraki Firewall Configuration nice to have
- Intermediate understanding of various network systems and related security applications.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills, with ability to effectively identify and translate business user needs, and to convey complex technical information in a clear and concise manner.
- Strong organizational and project management skills with the ability to manage timelines and prioritize workload in a high-pressure, results-oriented environment.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently while supporting a team environment.
- Flexibility to provide after hours and weekend support on occasion to support business needs.
- Resourceful and highly adept at problem identification and incident resolution using experience and developed analytical skills.
- Possesses intermediate systems architecture and engineering skills.
- Possesses strong attention to detail and concern for data accuracy.
- Ability to quickly comprehend complex technical and logical concepts and master new programs and systems.
- Intermediate proficiency in routing and switching protocols.
- Intermediate knowledge of the business environment and business operating policies.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in the Telecommunications industry.
Formal Education & Certification
- Bachelor's degree in information systems, computer science or related field; or an equivalent amount of directly related experience.
- CCNA Preferred
Recruiter: Jason Bogust
Position Type: Right to Hire