We are looking for a suitable candidate to help set up our cyber security practice. The ideal candidate will be very knowledgeable about trends in security space and solutions that can be offered to commercial as well as governmental customers in Texas and has a passion for developing and leading a team. You will be an impassioned communicator and the go-to Cyber Security person for all Cyber Security and Risk
You will be helping us build and manage our new Cyber Security Practice. You will be overseeing a team deploying security and security monitoring solutions to our clients. The ideal candidate would be a person currently reporting to a CISO or currently having a Manager level position.
Current and future Duties for CSC and team:
- Candidate will be involved with the following roles and duties and will move into a Director role in the future.
- In this role, you will plan, direct and control the functions and operations of the 24/7 Managed Security Services, Cyber Security Operations Center SOC.
- Help to design, implement, and maintain the organization's cybersecurity plan. This person will help determine the direction of the company and be an integral part of the company's growth.
- Present our cyber security services through blogs, articles and speaking at conferences to help build our brand
- Monitor and analyze security events to protect clients' information and assets from unauthorized access, misuse, modification or destruction. Your team will escalate to appropriate business units for validation/investigation when breaches occur
- Attend high-level client meetings to present services and work with Salespeople on proposals and helping to close business
- Develop and direct implementation of security standards and best practices for the organization.
- Direct the installation and use of security tools (e.g., firewalls, data encryption), to protect sensitive information
- Manage the collection, documentation, and research of security events generated by the SOC monitoring platform
- Conduct scheduled and ad hoc training exercises to ensure staff are current with the latest threats and incident response techniques
- Develop, mentor and counsel staff
Client facing duties:
- Work hands-on with clients to implement our suite of security services
- Monitor key performance indicators, determine gaps in performance metrics and recommend/execute change management techniques for efficiency/quality improvements
- Oversee the monitoring, identification, and resolution of security events to detect threats through analysis, investigations, and prioritization of events based on risk/exposure
- Manage outsourced and in-house SOC services for quality performance and fulfillment of Service Level Agreements (SLA)
- Develop and maintain an incident response management program that includes incident detection, analysis, containment, eradication, recovery, and chain of evidence/ forensic artifacts required for additional investigations
- Develop, maintain, and submit SOC compliance reports as required by the client
- Develop appropriate response strategies based on intelligence received
- Analyze applications functionality and new technologies to optimize effective/efficient incident review by staff and minimize client risk
- Ensure adequate/skilled staffing; select employees
- Establish performance goals and priorities
Required Skills and Experience:
- Hands-on 7+ years security operations and management experience
- Hands-on Server and Network administration experience
- CISSP or CEH and or CISM
- Security Architecture
- Experience with cloud technologies – AWS and Azure
- Incident response
- Intrusion detection and penetration testing
- Security risk assessments
- Good oral and verbal communication skills
- Passion for Technology
- Experienced dealing with C level executives
- Experience working in a large enterprise environment
- Currently reporting to a CISO or in a Security Manager position
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering
- Experience in building a team
- Nice to have experience setting up a Cyber Security Operations Center SOC.
- Infrastructure engineering
Recruiter: Lynn Downs
Position Type: Direct Placement
Experience Level: > 10 Years
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org