The Senior Cybersecurity Architect bears the responsibility of managing and ensuring that the security infrastructure and products are running optimally, effectively and capable of defending against the latest cyber-attacks, data leakage, insider threats and unauthorized access. The Senior Cybersecurity Architect creates and develops security measures to safeguard information against accidental or unauthorized modification, destruction or disclosure. Coordinates with management, programmers, risk assessment staff, auditors, facilities and other security departments to
DOD Secret Clearance or current NACLC
Relevant certification meeting DOD 8570.01 IAM level II. (CAP, GSLC, CISM, CISSP (or Associate) – Please submit copy of certificate along with resume.
Minimum of 10 years of experience working in a large complex Check Point firewall and Cisco routers/switches and firewall distributed environment.
- The Ideal candidate should be able to support all aspects of firewall administration. To include: hardware, software, encryption, VPN, IPS, DLP and day-to-day operations of firewall rule sets.
- Hands on knowledge on firewall upgrades from IPSO, SPLAT to GAIA and VRRP to ClusterXL
- Experience with Dynamic Routing Protocols: OSPF, BGP & RIP
- Strong understanding of IPv4, IPv6 and subnetting
- Should have excellent troubleshooting skills on all aspects of firewall and network related operational issues.
- Should be familiar troubleshooting firewall issues.
- Experience in performance tuning and optimization of firewalls and firewall policies.
- Good knowledge on overall network security products and technologies including Microsoft, Cisco, HPE, etc.
- Experience with Implementation and build of Check Point and Cisco firewalls from scratch.
- Experience working on Firewall Rule base analyzers and optimization approaches. Basic understanding and exposure to at least one of the firewall rule base analyzers.
- Prior experience with IT security systems such as Source Fire, Blue Coat, Symantec, McAfee Nessus and Juniper preferred.
- Familiarity using change and configuration management tools for example: Service Now, Service Desk, Remedy, etc.
- Knowledge and understanding of global security policies.
- Coordinate deployment of network security infrastructure with other members of IT organization.
- Familiarity with NIST, ISO, PCI, FERC, Sarbanes-Oxley, DoD, etc. including compliance with such regulatory bodies.
- Relevant hands-on design and implementation experience in network designs, cloud solutions, with knowledge in a minimum of two of the following technical disciplines:
- Network design
- Network Security
- Servers and storage
- Software defined networking (SDN)
- Experienced in the application of one or more architecture frameworks and any associated architecture development method
- Strong understanding of network and data center architecture and methodologies.
- Ability to quickly comprehend the functions and capabilities of new technologies.
- Contribute to cloud architectures at team, business, and enterprise levels
- Knowledgeable of cloud architectures, deployment and best practices
- Set and manage standards for successful development processes for automation and tools
- Create new ways to solve existing production security issues
- Perform vulnerability testing, risk analyses and security assessments
- Investigate intrusion incidents, conduct forensic investigations, and mount incident responses
- Collaborate with colleagues on authentication, authorization, and encryption solutions
- Evaluate new technologies and processes that enhance security capabilities
- Test security solutions using industry standard analysis criteria
- Deliver technical reports and formal papers on test findings
- Respond to information security issues during each stage of a project's lifecycle
- Analyze and advise on new security technologies and program conformance
- Recommend and install appropriate tools and countermeasures
- Define, implement, and maintain corporate security policies
- Train fellow employees in security awareness and procedures
- Coordinate work with other team members through the Director in order to implement and maintain best practice standards
- Recommend modifications in legal, technical, and regulatory areas that affect IT security
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field and 10 years of technology experience with 5 years of IT security concentration
- One or more of the following certifications: GIAC Security Essentials or Leadership Certification; ISACA Certified Information Security Manager; (ISC)2 SCCP, H/CISSP, ISSAP (preferred); CASB (preferred)
- ITIL Foundations or higher (preferred)
- PMP or PgMP (preferred)
- Experience in technical interests including: Juniper, QRadar, Cisco, cloud-based security (including access & security operations); Windows & Linux Operating systems; Cisco network infrastructure including NAC/Client; Drupal; Citrix/ VMWare; Oracle & SQL Server; Epic and SAP.
- Experience in enterprise security architecture design, policy development, controls design and implementation.
Recruiter: Lynn Downs
Position Type: Direct Placement
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com