Website decideconsultng Do you want your Data Engineering skills to have an impact on Healthcare around the globe? Do you want to work for a company where technology and data science drive the products, revenue and impact? We are looking for a Big Data Engineer for a contract role with our South Houston client. Their Global Biometrics team of technologists and academics looks beyond traditional finance to understand the bigger picture and
You will be responsible for expanding and optimizing the data architecture to a cloud-based distributed system environment. You will be part of an extended governance team that builds the next generation Real-Time Analytics platform. This is a hands-on technical role, implementing and supporting real-time data / analytics platforms, helping our internal and external customers to build robust, scalable solutions.
What you will do:
• Architect optimal data pipeline framework to automate and optimize high-volume real-
time data flow and collection to our cloud platform
• Design, build, and maintain infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation,
and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources
• Develop industry-accepted data architecture principles, standards, guidelines, data
privacy and security policies that are compliant with HIPAA and other standards such as
• Interface closely with Data Science team to create data tools for analytics that assists
various functions in the organization
• Play an active role in conceptual and architectural integrity of the overall data
• Provide ongoing support, monitoring and maintenance of deployed services and help
drive technology as the company grows
• Support the data needs of multiple teams, systems and products
• Senior level experience with big data tools such as Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, etc.
• Experience with cloud computing such as AWS, GCP, Azure, etc.
• Experience with cloud-based Data Lake provided by Azure, AWS and others
• Advanced working knowledge of relational and non-relational database management
• Experience with scripting languages such as C++, Java, Python, PHP, etc.
• Experience having data comply with external standards like HIPAA or GDPR
• Experience building data warehouses
• Experience in data warehouse modeling
• Experience in working with real-time streaming applications
• Experience optimizing Storage and Data Accessibility
• Exceptional troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
• Demonstrated the ability to work effectively across various internal organizations
Why you want to take this job:
• Great growth opportunity
• Working on very high-profile projects for a global company
• You have a lot of control and input on the solutions
• The client's products and services make profound differences in people's lives
• Very good working environment
• Working with cutting edge technology
Decide Consulting is a premiere IT Staffing and recruiting firm located in Houston, TX. We have been serving our technology clients since 2004. Our technology-based management and disruptive processes provide a higher level of service to our candidates and clients. Apply for this job now, submit your resume at https://decideconsulting.com/submit-resume/ or call us at 281.596.0123.
Recruiter: Jack Vann
Position Type: Contract
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com