Are you leading a team of cloud engineers, but wish you worked a truly innovative cloud company? Have you scaled a team in a start-up environment before? How about for company that’s building a high-performance alternative to the Big Three? How about fully paid premiums on benefits? Generous 401k match? Flexible PTO? Even catered lunch every day and weekly massages?
If you’re in the New Jersey/ New York City area, our client might have the ideal opportunity for you!
They are looking for a Cloud Engineering Manager who will lead their teams of skilled and creative developers and engineers. You will set the direction of the department to ensure that what you’re doing will have definitive client impact. You bring a deeply technical background to the table so that you can show others how to execute with urgency. You’ll direct multiple projects simultaneously and make sure everyone stays on track.
What You Will Do:
- Build teams who are focused on delivering high-quality products
- Constantly improve process flows and optimize systems processes
- Identify and implement measurable goals that align across teams
- Create an environment of effect communication across teams, including counseling, coaching, and mentorship
- Complement the recruiting efforts to attract and evaluate talent
- Use tools like Prometheus and Loki to monitor and observe alerts and metrics
- Assists in solution-design for large scale clients
- Kubernetes. Kubernetes. Kubernetes.
- Experience leading and coaching senior level staff
- Demonstrated success in developing collaborative solutions between development, product, sales, operations and support groups
- Success in hiring, building, and maintaining a team
- 7+ years working with containerized workloads, private clouds or Virtual Machines
- Knowledge of large Kubernetes clusters
- Knowledge of Kubernetes internals such as scheduler policies, pod security policies, and admission controllers
- Continuous Deployment tools such as Ansible and Argo CD
- Expert Linux fundamentals
- Bare metal
- Ubuntu based images
- Knowledge of iSCSI and PXE.
- Knowledge of CPU sets
- Knowledge of NUMA topologies
- Experience with open-source projects such as Kubevirt, Kubeflow and Argo
- Experience writing admission controllers, CLIs and schedulers
- Bonus points if you’ve worked in a growing start-up before