Are you a cyber security analyst with 5 years of experience looking to make the next step their career? Our client has an opening that could be the perfect fit for you! The Cyber Intelligence Analyst proactively conducts all-source analysis, digital forensics and targeting to identify, monitor, assess and counter the threat posed by cyber actors. You will utilize your threat intelligence skills to mitigate any potential data threats and defend company data. The candidate will compile reports that identify ways for the organization to pinpoint and prepare for potential threats, and they will effectively communicate potential threats that could harm the growth, reputation, and financial stability of the company.
• Continually monitor the network of an enterprise for any and investigate in case any violation occurs.
• Install and use software like data encryption programs and firewalls to protect sensitive information.
• Perform penetration testing by simulating attacks to identify and research any s in the systems before they can be exploited.
• Develop reports documenting security breaches that have occurred, and the extent of damage caused by those breaches.
• Effectively communicate potential threats that could harm the growth, reputation and financial stability of the company.
• Craft security standards and best practices for a company.
• Work with the security team to develop digital security policies and implement them.
• Provide recommendations on security enhancements to senior management.
• Make decisions and evaluate the best tools for any given security issue.
• Monitor and audit systems and processes like identity and access management which may involve methodologies like zero trust security.
• Help in delivering cybersecurity awareness training.
• Maintain current knowledge on the voluminous amount and types of cyber threats that are developed daily.
• Keep up to date with the latest IT security trends.
• Perform other job-related duties or special projects as assigned.
• Expertise to identify an organization’s security vulnerabilities and pinpoint indicators of compromise (IOC) such as suspicious IP addresses, URLs, email addresses and attachments, registry keys and filenames.
• Advanced understanding of various network systems and related security applications, security controls, threat management, and risk management.
• Solid understanding of information security practices, systems, and standards.
• Strong organizational and project management skills with the ability to manage timelines and prioritize workload in a face-paced environment.
• Exceptional verbal communication and technical writing skills with an ability to effectively interact with and convey information to people who possess varying levels of understanding on applicable topics.
• Self-starter with the ability to work independently while supporting a team environment.
• Strong technical and troubleshooting skills with broad knowledge of Microsoft Office, Windows operating systems, networking, server administration and virtualization.
• Interpersonal skills to effectively manage relationships with other teams / departments.
• Ability to work from a directive with little or no supervision; minimum rework required from supervisor.
• Intermediate understanding of assessing, utilizing, supporting and/or maintaining of logical and physical security architectures and technologies including but not limited to IPS/IDS, firewall, SIEM, VPN, anti-virus, email, web, data, video, physical access control hardware and related operating systems & supporting software.
• Experience and expertise with endpoint security products including but not limited to SentinelOne.
• Strong understanding of endpoint detection, mitigation, and incident response.
• Broad knowledge of breach simulation techniques and tools.
• 5+ years of directly related cyber security and data analyst experience required.
• Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or a related discipline preferred.
• One or more of the following certifications is preferred: Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Information Security Manager (CISM), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
The Woodlands, TX
To apply for this job please visit decideconsulting.com.