Website decideconsultng Our North Houston client is looking for a Digital Librarian for a long-term contract. The candidate will be working with the Geoscience Systems at a large oil & gas company. Duties and Responsibilities • Maintains the MEDIA Product Backlog • Prioritize and rank Product Backlog Items (PBIs) • Decompose epics into features and PBIs; • Write user stories and
Duties and Responsibilities
• Maintains the MEDIA Product Backlog
• Prioritize and rank Product Backlog Items (PBIs)
• Decompose epics into features and PBIs;
• Write user stories and ensure traceability to artifacts developed and/or procured and implemented Governance Council.
• Actively participates in facilitation of the governance council composed of G&G stewards, stakeholders as well as non-G&G members including ECRM, IT, Legal, and Analytics teams Assist in drafting policies for review and approval by the governance council.
• Enforce Digital Asset policies by way of developing procedures. As an example, Identify and Quarantine ROT (Redundant, Obsolete, and Trivial Data)
• Enable geoscience user community to enforce the adopted policies and procedures (roles and responsibilities) in a self-directed manner, with minimal intervention.
• Enforce Digital Asset Management.
• Leverage automated enablers (tooling) to enforce policies and procedures for digital asset management Advise and consult with geoscience community on an on-going basis with Project Manager as described in the Communications Plan.
• Works collaboratively with others in the MEDIA team and resources (both external and internal) at each stage of the solution lifecycle.
• Uses advanced skills with data cleaning/wrangling/normalization, regular expressions, web scraping, and APIs to support and collaborate with MEDIA project resources.
• Manage tags, metadata, flags, and clustering of project specific data across department units.
• Identifies, evaluates and recommends new and emerging research tools and methods Works consistently to enhance technical skills and develop proficiency with new search indexing and analysis tools and techniques.
• Helps develop services in response to needs of user community, current trends, leveraging competitive
• Manage Analytics, Graphs, and Visualizers; maintain dashboards ('My' Displays) by User Type.
• Min of 3 years of experience as a Digital Librarian
• Min of 3 years of experience as Product Owner or Business Analyst on a custom application development initiative and/or integrating existing systems with COTS (vendor driven implementations).
• Geospatial technology and Data visualization skills.
• Experience providing data-related services in a library or research setting.
• Forward-thinking mind-set, yet capable of throttling to the needs of the business.
• Proficiency using tools and programming libraries to support text analysis.
• Ability to internalize agile methodology.
• Experience teaching technology, either one-on-one or in a classroom setting.
• Apply advanced algorithmic techniques, artificial intelligence, and computational intelligence methods to build, maintain, and improve on decision systems/processes.
• Appetite to learn Programming in Python or R language to maintain indexing pipelines elicited through machine learning.
• DATA VISUALIZATION
• DATA SCIENCE
• WEB SCRAPING
• ASSET MANAGEMENT
• DATA CLEANING
• MACHINE LEARNING
• ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE
• PROJECT MANAGER
• Degreed in Geoscience, Geology, Data Science, Computer Science or related field.
Recruiter: Vaneesa Mayer
Position Type: Contract
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org