Website decideconsultng Our amazing client in the Austin area is actively seeking a Fiber Splicing Supervisor, to oversee all Splicing related functions and lead a small team of Subcontract and Internal Resources. Qualified candidates must be capable of working in all temperatures, climates, and weather conditions. What you will be doing: Ensuring that all Splicing operations are completed in accordance with customer and industry specifications. This
What you will be doing:
- Ensuring that all Splicing operations are completed in accordance with customer and industry specifications. This includes ensuring that all employees working on project are working safely and productively.
- Providing OJT training for employees working under your direction on construction practices and methods
- Assigning daily production to in-house and subcontract crews.
- Requisition, assign, and track materials needed for the daily operations.
- Performing audits of Splicing operations to ensure work is being completed in compliance with project specifications and monitor safe work practices.
- Reviewing daily production reports, material usage sheets, keeping track of work hours, completing, and maintaining accurate "as-built maps" for areas built.
- Reviewing Splicing and Testing documentation from field, identify deficiencies and addressing with splicers and ensuring corrections are promptly completed.
- Willingness to work shifts as assigned, including daily overtime when necessary.
What you bring to the table:
- 2+ years of experience in telecommunications industry in the Construction Field.
- Possess a valid driver's license (class "C" minimum) or be eligible and willing to obtain the required license for the position (possibly class "B" – light commercial).
- Provide verifiable evidence of experience in Fiber Splicing field and prior supervisory experience in construction or related field.
- Must be able to pass background and drug screen
- Capable of working in all temperatures, climates, and weather conditions.
- Able to perform the physical tasks required in this position for the entire assigned shift.
Recruiter: Paul Vera
Position Type: Direct Placement
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org