Website decideconsultng Job Summary This position is responsible for developing and maintaining customer-facing and business-focused products and applications by gathering and analyzing requirements, architecting solutions, and ensuring rollouts are successful. Individuals in this role will be responsible for the proper analysis of requirements, and the successful delivery of high-quality software components that fulfill the business needs. The individual will be responsible for thoroughly documenting
This position is responsible for developing and maintaining customer-facing and business-focused products and applications by gathering and analyzing requirements, architecting solutions, and ensuring rollouts are successful. Individuals in this role will be responsible for the proper analysis of requirements, and the successful delivery of high-quality software components that fulfill the business needs. The individual will be responsible for thoroughly documenting and supporting software components that are deployed and will participate in all facets of the software lifecycle.
What you will be doing:
- Develop production-ready code that is testable, readable, and well documented with minimal oversight
- Collaborate within high performance, cross functional agile teams throughout the SDLC to deliver critical business applications
- Assist other developers with best practices across core technologies
- Articulate the business value provided when solving problems with technical solutions
- Experience in troubleshooting, full life-cycle software development processes and ability to understand and implement client requirements
- Exhibits understanding in how to break down business requirements into implementations using best practices, latest libraries and APIs, and preferred design patterns
- Design larger subsystems and coordinate, assign, and review the work of other Software Engineers.
- Interpret business requirements and define technical alternatives, tools and platforms.
- Ensure support and development incorporate reliability, security, serviceability, maintainability, usability, performance factors, business objectives, and overall level of quality.
- Make recommendations on priorities, design changes, improvements, and problem solving that impact the team or department and support the changing business needs.
- Provide technical advice or lead small teams for software development projects within the team or functional area.
- Control own work priorities and participates in development of plans/schedules/cost objectives for assigned projects/team
- Document supported applications, test plans and record test results
- Participate in the testing process through test review and analysis, test witnessing, and certification of software.
- Follow corporate change management and configuration management standards
What you bring to the table:
- A minimum of 5 years of experience as a full stack software developer utilizing the .NET framework
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology related field of study with a software development or computer engineering focus is preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience building REST API’s
- Experience with automated testing, unit testing and QA procedures
- Experience working in a Scrum/Agile Development methodology
- Writing, planning, and executing unit tests
- Visual Studio IDE 2012+
- Experience with Azure DevOps, TFS, GIT, JIRA, or other source control / SDLC tools
- Working knowledge of XML, XSLT, and related technologies
- MS SQL Server 2014/2017, Relational Database design, stored procedures, T-SQL
- Experience with Entity Framework, LINQ and SSIS/SSRS
- Excellent verbal and communications skills to be able to communicate effectively with senior level staff to determine data processing needs and programs needed to provide required data.
- Ability to provide regular technical reports both verbal and statistical showing status of ongoing projects.
- 5+ years of experience in Agile Software Development using SCRUM, Azure DevOps and JIRA.
This is a contract role, roughly six months in length. Candidates should reside in Houston, Texas. Some remote work allowed. IMMEDIATE NEED!
Please forward your resume to jvann@decideconsulting for consideration.
Recruiter: Jack Vann
Position Type: Right to Hire