Website decideconsultng Hardware Design Engineer If your someone who can translate business idea's into great designs, we want to hear from you. The Hardware Design Engineer will have knowledge in design of detailed schematics for RTUs, Protection relays, Terminal blocks, Test switches, MCBs etc.. They will work with teams from across the world and those located in Houston.<br
If your someone who can translate business idea's into great designs, we want to hear from you. The Hardware Design Engineer will have knowledge in design of detailed schematics for RTUs, Protection relays, Terminal blocks, Test switches, MCBs etc.. They will work with teams from across the world and those located in Houston.
What you will do:
- Open to learn new technology, tools and proactive and aggressive towards the project path
- Open to take responsibilities and transparent with team members
- Prepare and create clear, complete and accurate arrangement/plan drawings and detail drawings from rough or detailed sketches/notes, contract changes and/or bid specifications
- Preparation of functional specification documents, manuals and application notes.
- Develop production level electrical schematics, cable routing plans, and cable length estimates
- Provide system layout & design, including third-party product integration
- Support the development of standard processes, procedures, and designs as it pertains to electrical systems.
- Validate system designs.
- Ability to select the panel based on customer specification
- Knowledge in panel spacing and arrangements to allocate the materials in most efficient way
- Knowledge in material power consumption calculation and panel heat and there by selection of FANs
- Knowledge in protection relays like Micom, SEL, SEPAM etc..
- Field red-markup drawing identification and As-built preparation.
- Maintain project drawing library and maintain a wide format plotter.
- Ability to meet deadlines in submission of HW documents while complying to the required quality expectations from technical leaders and/or project managers.
- Maintain project drawing files, associated records, documentation tracking, and perform other duties as assigned.
- Creates construction and fabrication drawings in accordance with company standards and design engineer's directions and specifications.
- Utilizes knowledge of various machines, engineering practices, mathematics, building materials, and other physical sciences to complete drawings.
- Must be able to develop and design electrical construction documents and use AutoCAD software to develop the drawings with speed and accuracy
- Stay current with AutoCAD tools and skills and other design software such as Ebase
- Attend service review meetings covering performance, service improvements, quality, and processes
- Knowledge of computer programs like Microsoft: Word, Excel, Outlook is a must
- Ability to communicate effectively (to meet the standard of the supervisor) in written and verbal arenas.
- Ability to work with a variety of office and design software programs
- Ability to work with a variety of printer/plotter hardware
- Demonstrates excellent presentation skills
- Knowledge and understanding of electrical systems and hardware.
- Manage SAP database for the list of material in projects and in inventory
- An energetic Professional hardware design engineer and Drafter with technical education background preferably Electrical, Instrumentation or Electronics Engineering or similar stream from a recognized university.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD Electrical and new technology drafting tools such as Ebase, Eplan etc.
- Ability to operate within a budget, both hours and material costs
- Proficiency in Microsoft office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Proficiency with National Electric Code (NEC), IEEE design standards and guides
- Proficiency in recognizing design interference and potential layout problems.
- Ability to work independently on assignments under guidance of senior staffs
- Minimum ten years of experience in Electrical Drafting using AutoCAD/ AutoCAD Electrical, Ebase/Eplan or any other advanced tools to optimize the time frame to develop the drawings.
- Must be expert in understanding complex control drawings and control circuits
- Expertise in implementing power system automation projects for O&G's electrical systems, Utilities or electro intensive industry.
- Ability to work in a highly demanding environment and under pressure.
- Good English language skills both written and spoken.
- Electrical Engineering Degree preferred
Decide Consulting is a premiere IT Staffing and recruiting firm located in Houston, TX. We have been serving our technology clients since 2004. Our technology-based management and disruptive processes provide a higher level of service to our candidates and clients. Apply for this job now, submit your resume at https://decideconsulting.com/submit-resume/ or call us at 281.596.0123
Recruiter: Jack Vann
Position Type: Direct Placement
Experience Level: 8 Years
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com