Website decideconsultng Network Engineers, here is a great opportunity! Be an integral part of a team supporting a large, fast paced, enterprise level client in Houston. Continue to build your skill sets and learn some security technologies as well! The role will serve as a Tier 2/3 engineer supporting the front line team. What you will be doing:
Network Engineers, here is a great opportunity! Be an integral part of a team supporting a large, fast paced, enterprise level client in Houston. Continue to build your skill sets and learn some security technologies as well! The role will serve as a Tier 2/3 engineer supporting the front line team.
What you will be doing:
- Responsible for the operation and maintenance of Cisco ISR Routers, Catalyst Switches, ASA Firewalls and FMC IDS/IPS.
- Provide Tier 2 technical support resolving issues identified by monitoring alerts or customer requests while providing situational awareness to customers and company leadership.
- Ongoing engineering and upgrade support for customer Electronic Security Perimeter (ESP) across Remote Sites, associated LAN/WANs and Network Management Systems.
- Maintain a Zero Trust mindset while managing Access Control Lists (ACLs) and whitelisting of resources.
- Responsible for providing technical support for all incidents and requests assigned to the Networking Tier 2 ticketing queue.
- Responsible for logging and resolving any network incidents ensuring that Service Level Agreements are met.
- Escalating any Network incidents that cannot be resolved within specified time frames to management.
- Provide in-depth analysis and investigation of problems.
- Provide network intrusion detection expertise to support timely and effective decision of when to declare a security incident.
- Identify and develop work instructions, procedures and policies to empower Tier 1 support organization.
- Take technical ownership of major incidents by identifying, communicating, documenting and utilizing appropriate resources to resolve the issue.
- Responsible for documenting and distribution of all Major Incident Review Reports in the agreed format. Document and record steps taken towards resolution of an incident and add this to the knowledge base for future reference.
- Monitor all outages/issues through the return to normal services.
What you bring to the table:
- 3 5 years of experience as a Network Engineer, preferably supporting Operations
- Familiarity with all layers of networking and network security technologies
- Proficient in the first 4 Layers of the OSI model from a Cisco CLI perspective
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-starter with the ability to overcome ambiguity and drive for improvements
- Displays focus and calmness under pressure, works to implement the most effective solution
- Critical thinker that can apply logic to problem solving in complex situations
- Team player that values winning for the organization over self-achievement
- Ability to pass background check and standard hiring drug screens
- Associates or BA/BS in Information Systems, Computer Science or similar
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) Routing & Switching knowledge and experience
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) Cyber Ops knowledge and experience
- One or more of the following certifications: GCIA, Security+, CEH
- Experience with Software Defined Wide Area Networking (SDWAN) technologies (Viptela, Velocloud)
- Experience in NERC-CIP environment
Decide Consulting is a premiere IT Staffing and recruiting firm located in Houston, TX. We have been serving our technology clients since 2004. Our technology-based management and disruptive processes provide a higher level of service to our candidates and clients.
Apply for this job now, submit your resume at https://decideconsulting.com/submit-resume/ or call us at 281.596.0123.
***Not able to provide sponsorship at this time***
Recruiter: Debbie Ward
Position Type: Direct Placement
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com