Website decideconsultng Network Engineer needed for amazing opportunity in Southwest Houston with a national company. This is a cherry opportunity! Don't miss out on this one! The Network Engineer is responsible for the installation, testing, analysis and support of all wired and wireless data services and
The Network Engineer is responsible for the installation, testing, analysis and support of all wired and wireless data services and will leverage deep routing and switching expertise to ensure that employees and customers enjoy a world class computing experience.
The Network Engineer will work with a network of branches throughout the United States, and will ensure that redundancy and high availability is in place to support uninterrupted business operation.
Work from home 2 to 3 days a week!!
What you will do:
- Diagnosis, isolation and resolution of network problems. Identify and document the root cause.
- Proactively identify potential issues in the production environment and help recommend potential solutions.
- Be a top-level contributor and subject matter expert on all types of network infrastructure design and integration.
- Continuously monitor and support network and servers in a mission critical datacenter.
- Configure and install various network devices and services (routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers, VPN, QoS).
What you bring to the table:
- Cisco and Palo Alto firewall experience
- Strong knowledge of WAN and LAN connectivity
- Experience with the following:
- Logical network overlay technology such as OTV, MPLS
- Cisco IOS/ASR Routers
- IOS/Nexus Switches
- IP Telephony
- Cisco Meraki Wireless Infrastructure
- VMware NSX and VPN technologies
- Network tracing and troubleshooting (Wireshark, Fiddler)
- In depth understanding of datacenter interconnectivity
- Disaster Recovery and replication technologies.
- Basic scripting skills
- Monitoring Solutions including SolarWinds or PRTG
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related "STEM” (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) field, or 10 years equivalent work experience.
- CCNA certification required and CCNP nice to have
- Network engineering experience; minimum 8-10 years of implementation/configuration in an enterprise environment
- Deep technical skills in key areas of infrastructure (networking, security, remote access, disaster recovery, etc.)
- Deep understanding of networking technologies, security, routing (particularly BGP), switching, SD-WAN/LAN, SDN & cloud connectivity.
- Network Automation experience
Decide Consulting is a premiere IT Staffing and recruiting firm located in Houston, TX. We have been serving our technology clients since 2004. Our technology-based management and disruptive processes provide a higher level of service to our candidates and clients. Apply for this job now, submit your resume at https://decideconsulting.com/submit-resume/ or call us at 281.596.0123.
Recruiter: Debbie Ward
Position Type: Direct Placement
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com