Website decideconsultng Description: Our Downtown Houston client is looking for a Principal Network Technologist to join their growing team. This individual will be responsible for the design, operation, security, and support of a large Enterprise Network. This position is primarily oriented around Data Center and WAN technologies. What you will do:
Our Downtown Houston client is looking for a Principal Network Technologist to join their growing team. This individual will be responsible for the design, operation, security, and support of a large Enterprise Network. This position is primarily oriented around Data Center and WAN technologies.
What you will do:
- Network and Network Security design, implementation, and 3rd level support.
- Participating in the development and implementation of network design standards using technology best practices and sound engineering principles.
- Leading and participating in departmental and cross-functional team projects and initiatives to ensure that projects are aligned with company's strategic goals.
- Aiding in the development of less experienced coworkers through collaborative project work, knowledge sharing, and assistance with higher level support issues.
- Advising and updating management and colleagues on new technologies, standards, requirements, and threats.
- Managing vendor and customer relationships through interaction with external Account Managers and key internal stakeholders.
- Experience with Cisco Unified Communications
- Significant knowledge and experience with several of the following security technologies: Cisco ASA firewalls, Palo Alto security appliances, Juniper SSL VPN
- Experience with QoS, VoIP, Access Lists, NetFlow, Sniffer, WAN Optimization, and IPSec VPN
- VPN Tunneling Experience
- Experience developing and implementing network and security standards and best practices
- Significant knowledge of and experience with a wide range of Cisco network technologies (data center, campus, and field site switches; data center, WAN aggregation and field site routers; wireless LAN controllers; wireless access points)
- Experience with Engineering and supporting Cisco voice gateways
- Experience Engineering and Supporting Cisco Unified Communications infrastructure
- Demonstrated success in a technical lead role in multiple large IT projects
- Ability to effectively self-manage projects, including cost-benefit analysis, project documentation, and reporting
- Knowledge of other gateways and VOIP protocols
- Firm understanding of CUCM call routing, device pools, codec configurations, dial-peers, and partition management required
- Configure/troubleshoot/build profiles, etc. in a Cisco CUCM, UCCE solution
- Implement, manage, and troubleshoot Cisco Unified Communications Systems, including Call Manager/Unified Communications Manager and Contact Center Enterprise
- Responsible for implementation (build) of a variety of voice patterns including Cisco and Contact Center applications and peripherals, Install and configure Voice Gateways
- Ability to communicate complex concepts effectively, both verbally and in writing
8-10 years: Experience as a Network Engineer
Formal Education & Certification:
Bachelor's degree or better in Information Technology or related field.
Nice to Have:
- Cisco Client Experience
- Deep Understanding of Telephony
- In depth VOIP Experience
Decide Consulting is a premiere IT Staffing and recruiting firm located in Houston, TX. We have been serving our technology clients since 2004. Our technology-based management and disruptive processes provide a higher level of service to our candidates and clients.
Apply for this job now, submit your resume at https://decideconsulting.com/submit-resume/ or call us at 281.596.0123.
***Not able to provide sponsorship at this time***
Recruiter: Jack Vann
Position Type: Direct Placement
Experience Level: 10 Years
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org