Website decideconsultng We are looking for an experienced Product Manager with strong analysis skills. Amazing opportunity in Houston, Texas! The role will be responsible for acting as a conduit between business and IT stakeholders, clarifying requirements and understanding business needs to ensure that solutions solve business problems effectively. Our client is an Agile shop
The role will be responsible for acting as a conduit between business and IT stakeholders, clarifying requirements and understanding business needs to ensure that solutions solve business problems effectively. Our client is an Agile shop. A background that includes agile software development and product owner experience is key. This role will help manage development backlog while prioritizing work and making product-related decisions based on the needs and expectations of customers and stakeholders.
Although this role will participate in end-to-end delivery of products, including providing input to the product backlog and helping prioritize work for the team, more day-to-day focus will be placed on identifying key gaps in product features, capturing product requirements, and defining outcomes or key performance indicators (KPIs).
What you will be doing
- Act as the liaison between the business units, technology teams and support teams
- Gather and document requirements through interviews, workshops, analysis, and use case modeling.
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources for proper analysis which includes:
- Reconciling conflicting information
- Deconstructing high level information into manageable details
- Distinguishing user requests from the underlying true needs that will deliver business value.
- Communicate and collaborate with external and internal customers to analyze information, needs and functional requirements and deliver appropriate artifacts to facilitate development, testing and stakeholder sign off.
- Identify and raise potential obstacles, challenges, and risks on projects.
- Build and maintain a comprehensive product backlog by product, including running the backlog grooming and intake processes.
- Define epics, features and user stories for agile software development teams that will be executed on as part of the product roadmap.
- Serve as the conduit between the internal customer community and the software development team through which requirements flow.
- Develop requirements and specifications for business applications and custom software according to standard templates, using natural language.
- Collaborate with developers and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs.
- Conducts interviews, fact-finding, and independent research to design creative, progressive IT solutions for business problems.
What you bring to the table
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems or related studies
- Strong understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) and its application in a business applications team
- Five (5) years of experience with custom software product development required.
- Five (5) years of experience as a Business Analyst or Product Owner in a fast-paced environment with business analysis experience in a techno-functional capacity
- Five (5) years of business analysis experience in a techno-functional capacity
- Five (5) years in an Agile environment
- Strong analytic and product management skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements.
- Strong focus on communication and facilitation of ideas
- Critical-thinking and problem-solving skills with a strong attention to detail
- Ability to deliver in an ambiguous, loosely structured environment with little to no daily direction.
- Possess strong multi-tasking, time management, planning and organizational skills.
- Experience leading or coordinating with teams tasked with optimizing the user experience of a platform.
- Strong understanding of software requirements and creating an optimal user experience in a product platform.
- Microsoft Azure experience
Recruiter: Jack Vann
Position Type: Direct Placement
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org