Website decideconsultng The Principal Product Analyst (PO) is an experienced position responsible for developing and driving priorities for software/systems product teams. The primary responsibilities of the PO is to lead the effort to create software and solutions to support business strategy. Responsibilities include: market analysis and strategy, product planning and execution, documentation and ownership of the product backlog.
The PO participates on an Agile Scrum team and/or traditional Waterfall project team writing and prioritizing user stories (requirements) based on the customer's needs, the competitive landscape, industry trends, and business value to Client. His or her leadership and product knowledge guide the Design and Development teams' efforts and ensure the roadmap and key requirements are met. Additionally, the PO collaborates with the Business Owner to ensure the strategy aligns with the portfolio goals.
Essentially, the PO is a trusted advisor to the Business Owner/Business Unit and enhances the business's ability to execute on system and process strategy.
- Own, prioritize, and maintain the Product Backlog, including defining epics, writing user stories, documenting defects, and defining acceptance criteria and business requirements documents to support design, development and testing efforts.
- Collaborate to define, analyze, and communicate Product Roadmap alignment with customer needs and business objectives as supported with business cases, market research, customer data, and competitive analysis.
- Lead, collaborate with, and motivate a cross-functional team of user experience partners, designers, business analysts, data analysts, developers, testers, and others to develop, execute, and release in alignment with program and/or product roadmaps.
- Communicate with internal stakeholders about the prioritization of the Product Backlog and the product and release progression status. Fully understand and validate the business strategy and vision.
- Work with internal stakeholders to develop metrics to manage and track benefits, customer satisfaction, adoption, and risks to operations.
- Participate in (or lead, when appropriate) Agile and/or Waterfall methodology activities: daily stand-ups, feature review, grooming, estimation, release planning, sprint planning, retrospectives, stakeholder and other required sign offs, and sprint demonstrations.
- Serve as an expert in the assigned business or system domain while leading development across multiple teams at the program level.
- Assist customer support teams, and help to develop and implement trainings and communications that allow partners and internal clients to better understand the products and new feature/functionality.
- Research market trends and comparable products against the competition, and adjust the product roadmap.
- Assist with coaching less experienced team members, including the development of Business Analyst I and II positions.
- Perform other job related duties or special projects as assigned.
- Strong project management skills: experience managing a feature roadmap, product vision, and customer personas.
- Ability to work independently on medium to large complexity efforts, or in support of a Senior or Lead on larger efforts.
- Ability to use qualitative and quantitative data to guide a cohesive product strategy.
- Ability to quickly prototype ideas and communicate them to team members
- Proven ability to prioritize and manage workload in a high-pressure environment and to instill a sense of urgency in others as necessary to meet deadlines.
- Excellent customer service skills with the ability to effectively identify and develop solutions for business needs.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work independently while supporting a team environment.
- Excellent process and project management skills.
- Strategic and problem solving mindset with developed analytical abilities and organizational skills.
- Exceptional verbal communication and technical writing skills with an ability to effectively interact with and convey information to people who possess varying levels of understanding on applicable topics.
- 8+ years of experience with the analysis and implementation of software and hardware solutions systems or products.
- Experience working on a software development team.
- Experience in an Agile, Scrum-based work environment and/or Waterfall development environment.
Formal Education & Certification
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Accounting, Management Information Systems or related field; or an equivalent amount of directly-related experience preferred.
- Certified Scrum Product Owner certification
- Any additional Scrum-related certifications, such as Certified Scrum Master, Certified Scrum Professional, etc.
Decide Consulting is a premiere IT Staffing and recruiting firm located in Houston, TX. We have been serving our technology clients since 2004. Our technology-based management and disruptive processes provide a higher level of service to our candidates and clients.
Apply for this job now, submit your resume at https://decideconsulting.com/submit-resume/ or call Debbie Ward at 713-545-7616
Recruiter: Debbie Ward
Position Type: Direct Placement
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org