Are you a Product Owner or someone who has worked with development teams for a couple of years? Looking for a new position with a company dedicated to delivering the best software solutions? Our client is looking for a candidate who will be responsible for developing and driving priorities for software/systems product teams. The Product Owner will lead the effort to create software and solutions to support the business strategy. You will provide market analysis and strategy, product roadmap planning and execution, documentation and ownership of the product backlog.
The candidate will operate on a cross-functional Agile Scrum team to develop and maintain systems to support internal staff needs or to support customer acquisition and retention, based on the customer’s needs and the competitive landscape. Your leadership and product knowledge guide the Design and Development teams’ efforts and ensure the roadmap and key requirements are met. Additionally, the Product Owner works with the Business Owner to ensure the strategy aligns with the portfolio goals.
- Own, prioritize, and maintain the Product Backlog. Define epics, write user stories, document defects, and define acceptance criteria and business requirements documents to support design, development and testing efforts.
- Collaborate to define, analyze, and communicate Product Roadmap alignment with customer needs and business objectives
- Lead, collaborate with, and motivate a cross-functional team of user experience partners, designers, business analysts, data analysts, developers, testers, and others to develop, execute, and release in alignment with program and/or product roadmaps.
- Communicate with stakeholders about the prioritization of the Product Backlog and the release progression status. Fully understand and validate the business strategy and vision.
- Work with stakeholders to develop metrics to manage and track benefits, customer satisfaction, adoption, and risks to operations.
- 4 years of experience with the analysis and implementation of software and hardware solutions systems or products, including 2 years of experience in delivering software under the Agile Framework
- 2 years of experience working on a software development team
- 2 years of experience in an Agile, Scrum-based work environment and/or Waterfall development environment
- Strong project management skills: experience managing a feature roadmap, product vision, and customer personas
- Ability to work independently on large complex efforts, in support of a Senior or Lead
- Ability to use qualitative and quantitative data to guide a cohesive product strategy
- Ability to quickly prototype ideas and communicate them to team members
- Ability to prioritize and manage workload in a high-pressure environment and to instill a sense of urgency in others as necessary to meet deadlines
- Excellent customer service skills with the ability to effectively identify and develop solutions
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work independently while supporting a team environment
- Strategic and problem-solving mindset with developed analytical abilities and organizational skills
- Exceptional verbal communication and technical writing skills
· Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Accounting, Management Information Systems or related field
- Certified Scrum Product Owner or SAFe Product Owner Certification
- Any additional Scrum-related certifications, such as Certified Scrum Master, Certified Scrum Professional
**Company is unable to provide sponsorship at this time. Candidate must live/work in the Houston, TX area.**
The Woodlands, TX
To apply for this job please visit decideconsulting.com.