Website decideconsultng We are looking for an experienced Safety Supervisor for one of our amazing clients. This role will oversee all construction related safety functions and lead a small team. This position will be based in Austin, Texas and is an immediate need! What you will be doing: <span
What you will be doing:
- Be an advocate for safe working conditions and influence all team members to commit to a safe working environment.
- Promote safe working conditions on job sites and encourage employees to identify unsafe conditions or actions.
- Plan and execute company-wide quarterly safety meetings.
- Perform regular job site safety inspections to ensure compliance with national, state, company and client requirements.
- Conduct new hire safety orientation training as well as exit interviews.
- Develop job site and project specific Health and Safety Plans.
- Maintain and update record keeping programs such as OSHA 300
- Identify and evaluate potential unsafe working conditions and take corrective action to prevent injuries and accidents.
- Establish positive working relationships and interact with site and client safety personnel.
- Create and review Site-Specific Safety Plans, Job Hazard Analyses, and Safety Action Plans.
- Investigate accidents, determine root cause, and implement preventive measures.
- Conduct audits and site inspections of job sites.
- Train employees in all relevant aspects of OSHA Standards and Company Safety Policies.
- Maintain safety training documentation.
- Maintain OSHA 300 logs.
What you bring to the table:
- 5+ years of experience in Safety and Health in the Construction Field.
- Training in and working knowledge of Fall Protection, Silica, Confined Spaces, PPE, Trenching and Excavation, and general construction safety.
- Ability and willingness to interact with and engage employees.
- Ability and willingness to interact with management and clients.
- Knowledge of OSHA standards.
- One of the following certifications: CSHO, CSHT, SSH, SHEP or equivalent and OSHA 500 Trainer.
- First Aid and CPR trainer.
- Excellent computer skills. Proficient in Word and Excel. Able to navigate Safety Auditing Software.
- Ability to travel between Austin, San Antonio, and Houston
Recruiter: Jack Vann
Position Type: Direct Placement
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com