Website decideconsultng We are looking for an experienced Safety Supervisor for one of our amazing clients. This role will oversee all construction related safety functions and perform some travel. This position will be based in Dyer , Tennessee and is an immediate need! What you will be doing: Be an advocate for safe working conditions and influence all team members to commit to a safe working environment.
What you will be doing:
- Be an advocate for safe working conditions and influence all team members to commit to a safe working environment.
- Promote safe working conditions on job sites and encourage employees to identify unsafe conditions or actions.
- Plan and execute company-wide quarterly safety meetings.
- Perform regular job site safety inspections to ensure compliance with national, state, company and client requirements.
- Conduct new hire safety orientation training as well as exit interviews.
- Develop job site and project specific Health and Safety Plans.
- Maintain and update record keeping programs such as OSHA 300
- Identify and evaluate potential unsafe working conditions and take corrective action to prevent injuries and accidents.
- Establish positive working relationships and interact with site and client safety personnel.
- Create and review Site-Specific Safety Plans, Job Hazard Analyses, and Safety Action Plans.
- Investigate accidents, determine root cause, and implement preventive measures.
- Conduct audits and site inspections of job sites.
- Train employees in all relevant aspects of OSHA Standards and Company Safety Policies.
- Maintain safety training documentation.
- Maintain OSHA 300 logs.
What you bring to the table:
- 5+ years of experience in Safety and Health in the Construction Field.
- Training in and working knowledge of Fall Protection, Silica, Confined Spaces, PPE, Trenching and Excavation, and general construction safety.
- Ability and willingness to interact with and engage employees.
- Ability and willingness to interact with management and clients.
- Knowledge of OSHA standards.
- One of the following certifications: CSHO, CSHT, SSH, SHEP or equivalent and OSHA 500 Trainer.
- First Aid and CPR trainer.
- Excellent computer skills. Proficient in Word and Excel. Able to navigate Safety Auditing Software.
- Ability to travel
Recruiter: Chris Christian
Position Type: Direct Placement
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org