Website decideconsultng Sr. Network Engineer Job Summary The Sr. Network Engineer is responsible for activities pertaining to planning, design, implementation and support of all aspects of a Global network infrastructure spanning 40 locations.
The Sr. Network Engineer is responsible for activities pertaining to planning, design, implementation and support of all aspects of a Global network infrastructure spanning 40 locations. The role is an integral part of enabling information technology to be fast, flexible and responsive. This hands-on technical role includes developing strategies and architectures for evolving enterprise scale networks, their implementation, maintenance, and monitoring in support of mission critical production environments and applications. The role is located in South Houston.
- Develop strategies and architectures for evolving enterprise scale technologies
- Lead selection and use of networking technologies
- 1 day a week work from home
- Coordinate operations of network and Disaster Recovery systems, including monitoring detailed usage, security, network system service levels, maintenance, turnaround, and response times, and initiate response activities.
- Oversee network asset management, including maintenance of network component inventory and related documentation and technical specifications.
- Collaborate with technology and business stakeholders to understand goals, determine functional and network requirements for software, middleware and infrastructure.
- Define appropriate network policy and procedures. Lead policy development and work with cross functional teams to ensure policies align with business operations and risks.
- Assess network performance by conducting testing to ensure that appropriate controls have been designed and built within our network infrastructure.
- Perform network testing at a unit, functional, and system wide level.
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of various network performance concepts and their impact on business operations.
- Conduct network monitoring and packet analysis uses tools like SolarWinds.
- Maintain, configure and optimize F5 BigIP load balancers.
- Manage Virtual Private Networks (VPN) and provide technical support for other remote access technologies.
- Participate in "on call rotation" as part of 24-hour support team.
Qualifications and Competencies
- 10 years of IT network infrastructure work experience and a stable job history
- CCNP or CCIE Certifications desired
- Strong Cisco Networking experience with Firewalls, Routers, Switches and VIOP
- Cisco ACI very nice to have
- F5 load balancing experience nice to have
- Ability to Problem Solve
- Strong Troubleshooting ability
- Experience in a Mid-Size Enterprise environment working with multiple locations
- Solid understanding of industry-standard network technologies
- Strong understanding of networking and transport protocols (i.e. SSL/TLS, DNS, DHCP, WINS, NTP, FTP, HTTP, SMTP, CIFS, LDAP, and Microsoft AD).
- Ability to produce architecture diagrams and requisite documentation
- Extensive hands on experience and the ability to manage complex networking projects is required
- Strong teamwork and communication skills
- Enjoys working in a collaborative team environment
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Network Security, Information Security, Information Technology or equivalent experience & training acceptable in lieu of degree
Recruiter: Debbie Ward
Position Type: Direct Placement
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com