Website decideconsultng Job Summary The F5 Network Engineer is responsible for activities pertaining to planning, design, implementation and support of all aspects of a Global network infrastructure spanning 40 locations. The role is an integral part of enabling information technology to be fast, flexible and responsive. This hands-on technical role includes developing strategies and architectures for evolving enterprise
The F5 Network Engineer is responsible for activities pertaining to planning, design, implementation and support of all aspects of a Global network infrastructure spanning 40 locations. The role is an integral part of enabling information technology to be fast, flexible and responsive. This hands-on technical role includes developing strategies and architectures for evolving enterprise scale networks, their implementation, maintenance, and monitoring in support of mission critical production environments and applications. The role is located in South Houston.
- Maintain and configure F5 BigIP load balancers.
- Work with infrastructure and application teams to optimize availability and performance.
- Manage F5 configurations to handle special use cases.
- Maintain and configure CISCO ASA firewalls.
- Manage firewall policies and rules.
- Lead selection and use of networking technologies.
- Coordinate network disaster recovery and business continuity activities.
- Monitor network system service levels, performance and response times.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to understand project requirements for new initiatives.
- Define appropriate network policy and procedures.
- Perform network testing at a unit, functional, and system wide level.
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of various network performance concepts and their impact on business operations.
- Conduct network monitoring and packet analysis using tools like SolarWinds, Splunk and Wireshark.
- Manage Virtual Private Networks (VPN) and provide technical support for other remote access technologies.
- Participate in "on call rotation" as part of 24 hour support team.
Qualifications and Competencies
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent experience & training acceptable in lieu of degree
- F5 Certified Technology Specialists (F5-CTS) desired
- 3+ years enterprise F5 administration
- 10+ years of IT network infrastructure work experience
- Strong CISCO ASA firewall experience
- CCNP or CCIE Certifications desired
- Strong understanding of networking and transport protocols (i.e. TCP/IP, TLS, DNS, DHCP, WINS, NTP, FTP, HTTP, etc.).
- Ability to produce architecture diagrams and requisite documentation
- Strong teamwork and communication skills
- Enjoys working in a collaborative team environment
Decide Consulting is a premiere IT Staffing and recruiting firm located in Houston, TX. We have been serving our technology clients since 2004. Our technology-based management and disruptive processes provide a higher level of service to our candidates and clients. Apply for this job now, submit your resume at https://decideconsulting.com/submit-resume/ or call us at 281.596.0123.
Recruiter: Jack Vann
Position Type: Direct Placement
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com