Website decideconsultng Decide Consulting is seeking a senior level SolarWinds Administrator with he ability to provide strong infrastructure and monitoring skills for one of our fantastic clients. This role will support all current versions of SolarWinds, Splunk, Windows and VMware/ESX., SAN, and data backups. What you will be doing:
What you will be doing:
- SolarWinds Administration
- Support the implementation, maintenance and operations of SolarWinds and its supporting infra-structure, integrating with other systems, and developing and supporting automation.
- The role will be responsible to assist with the integration with other monitoring systems and ITSM tools.
- Assisting Customers and internal teams for day-to-day use of the tool and tool optimization
- Splunk Administration
- Administering Splunk and Splunk Apps to include developing new or extending existing Apps to perform specialized functionality
- Design and implement solutions to address business problems understanding the Splunk architecture requirements for scalability, security, and performance Implementing and administering
- Building and maintain Splunk components (indexer, forwarder, search head) Integration with Guidewire and other platforms and external data inputs Integrate Splunk best practices (apps, add-ons, searches, etc.)
- Systems Administration for the following technologies:
- Microsoft Windows operating systems
- Active Directory- management, scripting for migrations, and design
- VMWare/ESX up to the vSphere version, VCenter management, physical to virtual migrations (P2V)
- Monitors, plans, and coordinates the distribution of client/server software and service packs
- Patch management of the Tools, Operating Systems and virtual layer in the Cavalry infrastructure
- Creating and maintaining technical documentation and runbooks
- Providing emergency on-call support on a rotating schedule with other team members
- Assisting the Director of Operations on all aspects of the SolarWinds, Splunk and underlying support for the customer base and maintaining the infrastructure environments
- Administer user accounts in the tools
- Routinely communicate with the team members upcoming change and project activity Situational Awareness
- Ability to communicate and work directly with customers to identify and resolve technical issues.
- Lead and direct vendors to assist in troubleshooting efforts
- Develop and maintain procedures for all server backups
What you bring to the table:
- 3-5 years of SolarWinds Administration experience
- 2-5 years of Server administration experience on Microsoft Windows and VMware/ESX
- 5+ years of Customer facing duties – performing root cause analysis, identify and isolate technical issues, and work in a collaborative effort with others as necessary to quickly and effectively resolve technical issues.
- Ability to solve highly complex problems spanning multiple technologies and disciplines
- Sound understanding of hardware fundamentals of servers, storage and backups
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Awareness and working knowledge of the ITIL Framework
Decide Consulting is a premiere IT Staffing and recruiting firm located in Houston, TX. We have been serving our technology clients since 2004. Our technology-based management and disruptive processes provide a higher level of service to our candidates and clients.
Apply for this job now, submit your resume at https://decideconsulting.com/submit-resume/ or call us at 281.596.0123.
***Not able to provide sponsorship at this time***
Recruiter: Jack Vann
Position Type: Direct Placement
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com