Website decideconsultng Senior Network Engineer needed for amazing opportunity in The Woodlands. Don't walk.... run... and get your resume in the mix today! The Senior Network Engineer is responsible for researching, implementing, and administering network security solutions. What you will be tasked with: • Responsible for resolving network problems through research, network installation and customization, network administration and network management support.<br
Senior Network Engineer needed for amazing opportunity in The Woodlands. Don't
walk…. run… and get your resume in the mix today!
The Senior Network Engineer is responsible for researching, implementing, and administering network security solutions.
What you will be tasked with:
• Responsible for resolving network problems through research, network installation and
customization, network administration and network management support.
• Applies broad technical knowledge for systems maintenance and solutions across one
or more technical areas.
• Integrates technical expertise and business understanding to create superior solutions
for the company and customers.
• Responsible for implementing and maintaining all aspects of the network infrastructure
(i.e. Cabling-Racking/LAN/WAN/VoIP/VPN/Network Security and Wireless)
• Operate, monitor and maintain secure network technologies, including firewalls, access
control solutions and Client.
• Proactively monitor system alerts across all Infrastructures using our networking
• Make sure all monitoring tools are up to date.
• Configure, optimize and fine-tune monitoring systems.
• Provide intermediate level support for all Telco related issues.
• Participate in vendor evaluation / lab testing of new technologies and decision support
• Participate in projects as they are assigned
• Maintain high quality documentation for core and edge networks, products and services.
• Ability to work independently as well as within a team environment
• Create and monitor reports to stay in compliance
• Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
• Uses strong communication skills and work ethic.
• Maintains job relevance, advanced level of knowledge, skills and abilities needed for
effective job performance through continuous learning efforts (i.e., attends outside
training seminars, workshops or classes).
• May receive training in other technical or functional areas of the department.
• Responsible for other duties as assigned.
• Participate in all on call duties.
What you have in your toolbox:
• Demonstrated success in managing, analyzing and solving complex network technical
• Technical knowledge of security configurations, log analysis, intrusion detection and
• Strong technology skills, including intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word,
Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Visio) and Cisco platforms.
• Customer service orientation with proven process and project management skills.
• Intermediate understanding of various network systems and related security
• Excellent customer service and communication skills, with ability to effectively identify
and translate business user needs, and to convey complex technical information in a
clear and concise manner.
• Strong organizational and project management skills with the ability to manage timelines
and prioritize workload in a high-pressure, results-oriented environment.
• Self-starter with the ability to work independently while supporting a team environment.
• Flexibility to provide after hours and weekend support on occasion to support business
• Resourceful and highly adept at problem identification and incident resolution using
experience and developed analytical skills.
• Possesses intermediate systems architecture and engineering skills.
• Possesses strong attention to detail and concern for data accuracy.
• Ability to quickly comprehend complex technical and logical concepts and master new
programs and systems.
• Intermediate proficiency in routing and switching protocols.
• Minimum of 7 years Network Engineering experience required.
• Experience with Cisco Lan & Wan Security Systems
• Cisco Wireless experience required
• Experience with SD WAN nice to have
• Cisco security technologies nice to have – Client, IronPort, Firepower Management
Center, Threat Defense, AMP & Next Gen Other beneficial experience
• Computer Science degree or related experience
Decide Consulting is a premiere IT Staffing and recruiting firm located in Houston, TX. We have been serving our technology clients since 2004. Our technology-based management and disruptive processes provide a higher level of service to our candidates and clients. Apply for this job now, submit your resume at https://decideconsulting.com/submit-resume/ or call us at 281.596.0123.
Recruiter: Jack Vann
Position Type: Direct Placement
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org