Decide Consulting is looking for a Senior Network Engineer for a Perm role with our client in The Woodlands Texas. Are you interested in being part of a fast-growing company and working with people who are passionate about technology? The Sr Network Engineer will be responsible for monitoring the network firewall, assessing the functionality of the network routers, ensuring all Internet security software is updated regularly, developing and implementing company email policies in accordance with the Network Services Manager. They will also work on projects related to reconfiguring the network infrastructure for up to 40 locations. The goal is to have all locations utilizing the same Network Configurations and equipment.
What You Will Do:
- Assist in the deployment of Switches, wireless access points, firewalls, IP Telephony devices and all network infrastructure as required.
- Observe corporate standards to ensure that our network systems employ best practices and meet corporate objectives. Make changes and upgrades to all locations that do not meet company standards. The expectations are that there will be changes at 40+ sites.
- Perform backup operations, ensuring all required Firewalls and Switches are successfully backed up to NOC
- Perform 24×7 troubleshooting, including off-hour maintenance activities, configuration changes, problem resolution, and on-call troubleshooting efforts during data network outages.
- Respond to customer concerns and challenges by using Track-IT.
- Use Track-IT to monitor, investigate, document and resolve (close) incoming tickets related to network operations.
- In conjunction with Infrastructure Team, aid in development of business continuity and disaster recovery plans, maintain current knowledge of plan executable, and respond to crises in accordance with business continuity and disaster recovery plans.
- Assist in the repair and recovery of Network Devices from hardware or software failures.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of clients hardware and software systems.
- Participate in negotiations with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to secure system administration products and service.
- Sustain the necessary data throughput rate by monitoring networking activity and maintaining existing equipment
- Maintain the company phone system and work closely with the phone service provider to keep the lines active
- Respond to network connectivity issues and resolve any wireless communication issues within the confines of the office
- Update the network maintenance manual and submit a summary of changes to the manual each week to management
- Collaborate with third-party support and service vendors to ensure that the network stays operational
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology or related field
- Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (min CCNA) certificate
- CompTIA networking certifications preferred
- 5+ years' experience in managing sophisticated computer networks
- 3+ years' experience in network architecture and deployment
- VOIP experience very nice to have