Website decideconsultng Do you want your work as a Systems Engineer to make a difference in how we deliver healthcare in the US? Your work here will have a direct impact in making medical devices that provide an alternative to prescription drugs for many people. As our Systems Engineer, you will be a technical leader. You will oversee new and existing product development as
What you will do:
- Define, architect, design and validate our next-generation Medical Devices
- Drive the definition of future products by engaging with hardware designers, software developers, sales, marketing, DevOps, Cloud, support, customers and other stakeholders (internal and external)
- Establish key technical strategic and tactical plans including the definition of user needs and system requirements
- Work with a variety of next-generation product including technologies such as wireless implantable systems, mobile applications, patient devices, Big Data, etc.
- Drive the execution of User Centered Design using contextual observations, in-depth interviews, peer-group interviews, journey mapping, development of use cases, future scenarios, wireframe diagrams, sequence diagrams, etc.
- Use the results to develop concepts and prototypes of future products and validate against user needs
- Identify customer needs but to also create and present the material that allows cross-functional teams to continue to develop products that stratify those needs
- Utilize primary standards for the medical device business such as 13485, 14971, 60601-1 and 45502-1, 62304 for software, 62366 etc. that drive the design activities
- Have experience working in a Systems Engineering role including user needs and systems requirements definition, understanding of full product development lifecycle, and systems validation.
- Technical degree in Systems Engineering or another technical discipline such as electrical or software engineering
- Experience with; in-depth interviews, contextual observations, journey mapping, and or explorative card sorting
- Express a passion about technology and collaborating with others about it
- Broad skills in working with embedded systems especially with electrical and software disciplines
- Solid understanding and experience developing products employing User-Centered Design methodologies and processes
- Identify customer needs and communicate those to all stakeholders including, but not limited to hardware designers, software developers, sales, marketing, DevOps, Cloud and support
- Identify and communicate stakeholders needs and issues to other teams to continue to develop products that stratify those needs
- Excellent communication skills to work on and lead cross-functional teams to develop new or modify existing systems
Nice to Have
- Master’s degree in systems engineering or another technical discipline such as electrical or software engineering
- Experience with RF communication technologies
- Experience with Medical Devices
- Experience in system verification and validation
- Experience with FDA Class two and three medical devices
The company operates on aggressive timelines but also knows when to break and have some fun. They are producing world-class products for the Medical Device Implantable Market, and we will need you to help change the lives of our patients.
Decide Consulting is a premiere IT Staffing and recruiting firm located in Houston, TX. We have been serving our technology clients since 2004. Our technology-based management and disruptive processes provide a higher level of service to our candidates and clients. Apply for this job now, submit your resume at https://decideconsulting.com/submit-resume/ or call us at 281.596.0123.
Recruiter: Debbie Ward
Position Type: Contract
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org