Website decideconsultng Technical Support Engineer If your someone who enjoys solving difficult technical problems, we want to hear from you. The Technical Support Engineer will interface with clients to provide technical leadership to resolve highly complex technical problems affecting our customer's real-time infrastructures and service. They will work with teams from across the world and those located in Houston. <br
If your someone who enjoys solving difficult technical problems, we want to hear from you. The Technical Support Engineer will interface with clients to provide technical leadership to resolve highly complex technical problems affecting our customer's real-time infrastructures and service. They will work with teams from across the world and those located in Houston.
What you will do:
- Providing world-class Tier 1 and Tier 2 technical support to external SCADA and ADMS customers through multiple channels (phone, email, web).
- Applying problem-solving skills to investigate and resolve issues affecting mission-critical systems running SCADA and ADMS software.
- Taking ownership of support cases and service requests from customers. Troubleshooting and escalating appropriately to other team members, while keeping all stakeholders informed of the progress.
- Work closely with Support Leads, Subject Matter Experts and System Admins during the Testing, Deployment and Support stages of projects.
- Continuously creating helpful documentation through the capture of relevant information during each support interaction
- This is a customer-facing role.
- 2+ years of technical IT support experience or IT consulting services in a B2B client service provider role
- Experience with OASyS DNA, SCADA or DMS/ADMS software strongly desired
- Knowledge and experience with a strong compliment of the following Windows Server 2008/2012/2016, C++, C#, .NET, SQL, TCP/IP, Web Services and Active Directory, Deployment or Troubleshooting experience required. Professional certification not required but considered a plus
- Relational database skills. Familiarity with Microsoft SQL Server, with the ability to write queries, troubleshoot database errors, optimize performance and debug stored procedures or scripts.
- Knowledge of communication protocols standard to the electric industry like ICCP and DNP3
- Strong troubleshooting tactics and problem solution skills are required, and may be evaluated during the interview
- Experience working with electric utility companies preferred.
- Must be able to multi-task and work independently on assignments, while consistently meeting deadlines and SLAs
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Must be able to display a courteous and professional demeanor with a positive attitude
- Bachelor of Science degree in computer science, engineering or information technology, (or related field with computer emphasis)
Decide Consulting is a premiere IT Staffing and recruiting firm located in Houston, TX. We have been serving our technology clients since 2004. Our technology-based management and disruptive processes provide a higher level of service to our candidates and clients. Apply for this job now, submit your resume at https://decideconsulting.com/submit-resume/ or call us at 281.596.0123
Recruiter: Jack Vann
Position Type: Direct Placement
Experience Level: 2 Years
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org