Website decideconsultng Decide Consulting has an opportunity for a perm position with a growing company in Sugarland Texas. This role is integral in helping our client deliver market leading medical software and hardware. You will act as the primary Test Engineer supporting hardware and software design verification, troubleshooting, and engineering test support on Clients products. Your responsibilities include coordinating the planning
Decide Consulting has an opportunity for a perm position with a growing company in Sugarland Texas. This role is integral in helping our client deliver market leading medical software and hardware. You will act as the primary Test Engineer supporting hardware and software design verification, troubleshooting, and engineering test support on Clients products. Your responsibilities include coordinating the planning, readiness, resources, and execution of test efforts, reporting on the progress of these activities to management, and documenting all phases of verification in compliance with Clients protocols.
What you will do:
- Provide guidance to the design Engineers and Project Managers on product specifications in order to ensure they are comprehensive and testable. Advise product development teams in development of overall test strategies (design verification and production quality assurance) for new and existing products.
- Write HW/SW design verification test plans and provide time estimates for self and others.
- Write HW/SW test procedures for the purposes of design verification.
- Execute HW/SW design verification tests and track issues found during testing, when called upon.
- Assist Manager and Test Engineers in the evaluation of test equipment required to perform quality checks.
- Most of the work is with New Dev and sustainability
Lead for Others Function
- Provide time estimates for self and others
- When called upon, act as a team leader on verification efforts, including:
- Provide leadership and support to testers in the execution of test plans and procedures.
- Review and track issues reported by testers, providing a single point of contact on issues found during testing. Work to bring clarity and definition to reported product failures, and work to eliminate duplicates and non-issues before reporting to management.
- Review test procedures and test scripts submitted by others in support of assigned test efforts.
****We will also consider Junior and Mid-Level candidates that will not be asked to lead.
- Must have:
- BS degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering or related field with 7+ years of experience in technical and test engineering.
- Familiarity with high level programming language/software to assist in developing automated test and data collection scripts/programs.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong analytical skills and good technical report writing skills.
- Familiarity with Environmental testing and equipment.
- Flexibility and adaptability are key to this role as the company is growing and there are going to be a lot of positive changes in the next 12 months.
- Knowledge of networking protocols and equipment.
- Understanding of video standards and technology.
- Familiar with the IEC 60601-1 and IEC 60950 standards.
Decide Consulting is a premiere IT Staffing and recruiting firm located in Houston, TX. We have been serving our technology clients since 2004. Our technology-based management and disruptive processes provide a higher level of service to our candidates and clients.
Apply for this job now, submit your resume at https://decideconsulting.com/submit-resume/ or call us at 281.596.0123.
Recruiter: Jack Vann
Position Type: Direct Placement