Website decideconsultng Are you looking to join a company that values Cyber Security at all levels of the organization. Do you want to be part of a team that is expanding to meet security needs of a company offering diverse services and is investing in cutting edge security tools, then we want to hear from you? If you are a Threat and Vulnerability
Are you looking to join a company that values Cyber Security at all levels of the organization. Do you want to be part of a team that is expanding to meet security needs of a company offering diverse services and is investing in cutting edge security tools, then we want to hear from you?
If you are a Threat and Vulnerability Management Engineer serving as a subject matter expert on Windows server and PC vulnerability analysis and remediation looking for a perm role then we have the opportunity for you.
We need candidates who can implement automation improvements to drive enterprise wide recurring scans as well as conducting in depth manual testing. The ideal candidate will combine expert level technical skills with the ability to lead program development efforts. They will be responsible designing and implementing a comprehensive server security programs. The Threat and Vulnerability Management Engineer will assess server security by performing security testing, participate in design reviews and work in partnership with server operations teams to development appropriate server security controls. Familiarity with automated patching solutions and patch management programs is needed as this role will help support patching operations teams. This position requires extensive experience in server security on Microsoft platforms, security testing, risk analysis, vulnerability remediation, and project management. We need candidates with high energy, and a "can-do " attitude.
What you will be doing
• Perform server and PC security testing for development and production environments
• Perform manual system reviews as required
• Provide remediation guidance including identifying patches, configuration controls and
• Identify and resolve any false positive findings in assessment results
• Monitor threat and vulnerability data sources for emergent risks
• Communicate significant new risks and oversee response initiatives
• Assist server administrators in designing, developing and implementing integrated
• Support system hardening and patching efforts
• Produce metrics and reporting on the state of system security
• Conduct security risk analysis of business and technology projects
• Participate as needed in documenting security standards, guidelines, policies and
• Act as server security resource on assigned projects
• Develop and/or deliver server security focused training
• Assist in incident response
• Support security operations and security team tools and services
• 5 year's work experience in server security analysis and remediation
• Experience with Rapid7 or similar automated scanning tool
• Manual configuration analysis and vulnerability testing experience
• Experience working closely with operations teams
• Experience with interpreting policies and appropriately applying them to projects
• Experience writing technology specific best practices
• Experience with WireShark, Kali Linus and Metasploit and similar security testing tools
• Competent in Linux administration and use
• Experience coding enhancements for tool automation in languages like C#, C++ and
• Experience creating custom power shell scripts
Certificates, Education and Experience requirements:
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Security,
InformationTechnology or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• OSCP, CREST, CEH or similar certification desired
• CISSP preferred
We offer many company perks, great benefits and growth opportunities including training, onsite amenities, highly competitive pay and bonuses.
Decide Consulting is a premiere IT Staffing and recruiting firm located in Houston, TX. We have been serving our technology clients since 2004. Our technology-based management and disruptive processes provide a higher level of service to our candidates and clients. Apply for this job now, submit your resume at https://decideconsulting.com/submit-resume/ or call us at 281.596.0123.
Recruiter: Jack Vann
Position Type: Direct Placement
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org