Website decideconsultng Decide Consulting is looking for an UI/UX designer for a Contract with the potential to go perm role with our South Houston client. We're currently looking for a motivated, proactive and energetic Designer to join our team. This is a collaborative, cross-functional role that will work with Marketing, R&D and the development team to design
What you will be doing:
The UI/UX Designer will have a strong focus on visual graphics design to help craft the user experience for an implantable medical device platform with external programming and remote monitoring user interfaces. As a UI/UX designer, you will be working closely with Marketing and R&D to conceptualize new and innovative UIs, prototype new concepts, and design intuitive product experiences.
You will be required to work on various products being developed in parallel. Not only will each product be required to have its own unique solution, but you will be responsible for ensuring a consistent user experience throughout the product portfolio.
The ideal candidate will be proficient with the entire UX process including discovery, research, ideation, prototyping, and validation.
Key responsibilities and duties:
- Develop design concepts, wireframes, prototypes and other UI/UX design deliverables across web and mobile interfaces.
- Illustrate design ideas using storyboards, process flows and sitemaps
- Create original graphic designs (e.g. images, sketches and tables)
- Refine, iterate, and fully develop high-fidelity finished designs.
- Utilize human factors techniques to simplify user workflows and make intuitive interfaces that minimize user training and learning curves.
- Create user interfaces that simplify complex physiological concepts that users of any skill level can readily interpret and provide proper treatment to patients.
- Work with R&D on deliverables to comply with FDA Human Factors Regulatory Process/Requirements
- Collaborate with development team and stakeholders to create mockups for new features and make changes based on feedback.
- Manage and coordinate UI/UX development activities with external design partners and various stakeholders throughout the organization.
- Establish best practices and methodologies on how designs are documented and communicated.
- Define UI design guidelines and specifications to ensure consistent development across platforms and projects.
- Define the tools and processes that create an efficient workflow from UI/UX conceptualization, to software and system implementation, to user validation.
- Minimum 5+ years of UX/Visual design for consumer-facing products (web, mobile, responsive design, and native mobile)
- Experience in intuitive medical decision support UI development highly preferred.
- Preferred experience working on medical devices in a regulated design controls environment.
- Experience with human factor concepts and industrial design
- Demonstrated experience in conceptualizing, defining, and creating product design language and libraries across various product platforms.
- Demonstrated experience in designing UI/UX that minimize risk of use of errors, requires minimal training and are intuitive.
- Experience across all phases of product design from ideation, user research, feasibility, prototyping, design iteration, and high-fidelity UI and specs.
- Experience in creating wireframes and workflow designs.
- Experience in designing high fidelity graphics for devices and applications.
- Experience with Internationalization & Localization of user interfaces
- Experience in mobile app design and familiarity with industry guidelines like Apple Human Interface Guidelines and Google Material Design.
- Familiarity with FDA Human Factors Regulatory Process/Requirements.
- Familiarity with FDA Guidance on Human Factors, IEC 62366, IEC 60601, and HE75.
- UX in labeling and packaging design
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of current UX best practices and design processes.
- Knowledge of mobile and web interface design guidelines such as Android material design and iOS human interface guidelines
- Fluency in UI design, graphics, wireframing, and prototyping tools such as Adobe CC, Axure, Figma, Invision, Sketch, Omnigraffle, Framer, Balsamiq, etc.
- Working knowledge of HTML and CSS, and the ability to translate designs to developers
- Strong communication skills and ability to work closely with others.
- Demonstrated ability to work on teams to complete critical milestones under pressure with short deadlines.
- Must be a highly motivated self-starter who is able to achieve results with minimal direction. Requires a high-energy individual who has excellent teamwork, partnering, and negotiation skills. Must be proactive and creative in achieving goals.
- Demonstrable UI/UX portfolio of project experience and work products
- BS in Human Factors Engineering, Computer Science with human-computer interface (HCI) emphasis, Human Centered Design, Interaction Design, Industrial Engineering, Psychology, or related field.
Decide Consulting is a premiere IT Staffing and recruiting firm located in Houston, TX. We have been serving our technology clients since 2004. Our technology-based management and disruptive processes provide a higher level of service to our candidates and clients. Apply for this job now, submit your resume at https://decideconsulting.com/submit-resume/ or call us at 281.596.0123.
Recruiter: Debbie Ward
Position Type: Contract
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org