Roles we Recruit: Big Data Engineer
Big Data Engineer Job Description:
The Big Data Engineer makes the right candidate for the development of Big Data solutions in your company. They are involved in the design and implementation of the data processing applications which can support millions of records. They welcome large-scale applications as they do not shy away from using their analytical skills to transform data into decision-making information.
A Big Data Engineer is the person who will extract a multitude of data and present it to you in business language. Their command of data engineering truly amazes in massive-scale deployments of data management projects. It poses no difficulty for them to implement Big Data solutions to create prototypes which will help in the internal process management. When you put an emphasis on Machine Learning features, the Big Data Engineer will be there to sort everything out for you and build stable algorithms. They also interact with the other teams to analyse the cases resulted from their actions.
Big Data Engineer Key Skills:
- SQL, Scala, Hadoop, Spark, Python, Java
- Data mining technologies (Kafka, Spark Streaming, Akka Streams)
- Hadoop, Hive, Pig, HDFS, HBase, MapReduce, D3, Apache Spark
- SAS, SPSS, R, Matlab, Octave, Julia
- Data Mining, Rapid Miner, Apache Mahout, and KNIME
- Data quality, Data engineering, Big Data Development
Data Scientist Salary:
- Top 15%: $167,500
- Middle: $118,500
- Bottom 15%: $99,500