Houston IT Market Facts – Software Developers [INFOGRPAHIC]

Houston IT Market Facts - Software Developers Summer 2019 Houston employed 18,098 Software Developers  3,449 .NET Developers 1,911 Java Developers 3,720 Architects 1,826 Front End 2,810 Full Stack Developers Gender Makeup of Houston Software Developer  12% Female 88% Male Experience Breakdown of the Houston Software Developers:  15% 0 – 5 years 25% 6 – 10 years 32% 11- 15 years 18% 16 – 20 years 10% 21+ Favorite Programming Languages  C# PHP Java Javascript Angular React Python SQL 28% Have a post graduate degree 84% Have a college Degree 16% have no degree Average Developer Tenure is 43 Months

Monthly IT and Technology Jobs Report – August 2019

IT and Technology Jobs Report August 2019 Unemployment Rate for IT and Tech Jobs* August 2019: 1.5% July 2019: 1.3% August 2018 (last year): 2.5% Total IT and Tech Jobs* August 2019: 5,682,000 July 2019: 5,578,000 August 2018 (last year): 5,118,000 US Economy Jobs Added August 2019: 130,000 July 2019: 164,000 August 2018 (last year): 282,000 US Unemployment Rate August 2019: 3.7% July 2019: 3.7% August 2018 (last year): 3.8% Source: Bureau of Labor Statistics 13% of SMB CEOs expect improved economic conditions while 35% expect the national economy to worsen in the year ahead. Source: Vistage CEO Survey [...]

Houston IT Market Facts [INFOGRAPHIC]

Houston IT Market Facts Summer 2019 Houston employed 83,543 people in Software and Information Technology Gender Makeup of the Houston IT Market  18% Female 82% Male Experience Breakdown of the Houston IT Market:  15% 0 – 5 years 26% 6 – 10 years 31% 11- 15 years 18% 16 – 20 years 10% 21+ 26% Have a post graduate degree 81% Have a college Degree 19% have no degree Average Job Tenure is 46 Months

Monthly IT and Technology Jobs Report – July 2019

IT and Technology Jobs Report July 2019 Unemployment Rate for IT and Tech Jobs* July 2019: 1.3% June 2019: 1.5% July 2018 (last year): 1.9% Total IT and Tech Jobs* July 2019: 5,578,000 June 2019: 5,443,000 July 2018 (last year): 5,038,000 US Economy Jobs Added July 2019: 164,000 June 2019: 224,000 July 2018 (last year): 178,000 US Unemployment Rate July 2019: 3.7% June 2019: 3.7% July 2018 (last year): 3.9% Source: Bureau of Labor Statistics 35% of SMB CEOs expect the economy to worsen in the next 12 months. Source: Vistage CEO Survey

Monthly IT and Technology Jobs Report – JUne 2019

IT and Technology Jobs Report June 2019 Unemployment Rate for IT and Tech Jobs* June 2019: 1.5% May 2019: 1.8% June 2018 (last year): 1.9%   Total IT and Tech Jobs* June 2019: 5,443,000 May 2019: 5,308,000 June 2018 (last year): 4,963,000 US Economy Jobs Added June 2019: 224,000 May 2019: 75,000 June 2018 (last year): 262,000 US Unemployment Rate June 2019: 3.7% May 2019: 3.6% June 2018 (last year):  4.0% Source: Bureau of Labor Statistics   Between the 18 Month period from Sept 2017 through Feb 2019, 1 in every 7 jobs created in the US was from IT [...]