Recreate EHS Swim Lanes
Recreate Visio EHS Swim Lanes from your IMPACT XML Configuration files
Decide Consulting has developed a tool to aid in the extraction, presentation and configuration of workflow in the Sphera IMPACT ERM® product suite. One of the tools features is creating Visio-based swim lanes that are based on your current IMPACT XML configuration file.
Some reasons you may want to consider using Decide’s Configurator tool to recreate your swimlanes:
- We provide 100% representation from your XML. If it is in the XML, it will appear on a Swim Lane Document
- Provides the baseline for future EHS process work
- Most Swim Lane Documents were created when IMPACT is first installed. Most companies have evolved processes and workflows from that time
- Provides a launch point for integration into other third party software
How we go about creating you swim lanes documents:
- Our configurator tool imports the XML documents into easier to read Excel documents
- Once in Excel, we have mapped the distinct XML patterns into process categories
- We use the categories and the data from XML to auto-generate the Visio documents
- The first set of created documents contain 100% representation of the XML resources
- Complex processes (e.g. a single step with 15 off-page connectors) may require some manual cleanup
Download Sample Visio documents created by the configurator tool.
Other EHS Software/ Service Offerings