What happens in a Cyber Security Assessment?
A cyber security assessment inventories the infrastructure, data and system assets that could be affected by a cyber attack. The assessment then identifies the various risks exposure of those assets.
Decide Consulting’s cyber security assessment focuses their efforts on five key areas:
- Identify – Governance, Policies, Staff, Assets, Access, Risk Tolerance
- Protection – Training, Controls, Detection, Backups, Continuity, Controls
- Detection – Audit, Vulnerabilities, Monitoring
- Respond – Logging, Response, Notifications
- Recover – Root Cause, Mitigation, Conveyance
Smaller companies can take as little as 32 hours. Larger ones up to 80. At the end, the company is presented with a final report which includes a prioritized implementation plan.
The assessment itself is not an unpleasant experience. It is internal and discrete. It is non-disruptive to your business. We can achieve this because it is not a traditional “audit”. It is rather a healthy form of introspection in which the company and IT staff come out on the other side more knowledgeable and more secure.
Contact Us to Learn More.
CyberSecurity Self Assesment