Thinking of Taking a Counter Offer – Read This
1) Every time you want a raise, you have to find a new job
2) Since you have let them know you are capable of leaving, your loyalty is now questioned
3) You are no longer viewed as a team player
4) If you were due a raise, did you wind up just getting it a little early?
5) Why weren’t they paying you that before? Weren’t you worth it? Clearly your employer did not think so.
6) It is common for management to start creating a hedge plan for when / if you leave again. Can you truly be valuable when people are planning on you next exit?