Is Your Company Truly Agile? Ask Yourself These 5 Questions
- Are you breaking up ALL development into smaller increments?
If there are legacy groups that are waterfalling a project that is due in 6 months – you are not truly Agile.
- How Are Your Teams Configured?
You need development, a product owner and QA on every team.
- Is There True Transparency?
Do the story points reflect the velocity? Are sprints beginning to accurately show the real velocity? They will not at first, but should over time.
- Are You Adopting DevOps In The Distribution and Release of Software?
Agile and DevOps are closely coupled. Is there a mechanism to compile checked-in code? How easy is it for Dev and QA sandboxes to get specific code verisons?
- Do You Have the Proper Executive Escalation Plan In Place?
When someone yells loudly “Fix This”, does that follow a pre-determined path or does everyone drop everything?
BONUS QUESTION: Do you story point?
Many companies claim they are Agile, but do not story point. They are missing the point.