How Big is the Demand for AI Talent?
- PhDs with NO experience are receiving salary offers ranging from$300K – $500K with stock options
- There are fewer than 10,000 people with real AI skill sets that tackle AI problems and solutions. There are way more than 10,000 problems and solutions that need AI.
- Google bought DeepMind for $650M. It had 50 people. Each person was worth $13M to Google.
- AI is needed to solve a long list big problems (driverless vehicles, cybersecurity, healthcare diagnosis, a better SIRI)
- The biggest hurdle to solving problems with AI is the talent gap.